Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chocolate Blue

So I have some birthday money that I decided I wanted to put toward our bedroom. Before Rob and I got married I read this book that talked about how the bedroom should be like a personal "sanctuary." Our bedroom right now is far from a sanctuary. We decided to go with the chocolate/aqua color scheme. I didn't use to be crazy about it, but the more I look at things in that color scheme, the more I like it. It's very warm and cozy, yet masculine enough that Rob can feel like he's welcome in the bedroom as well without being bombarded with girly stuff. A lot of other masculine stuff I looked at is not cozy like, so this is a good color scheme that will fit us both. When I get new ideas in my head, it like consumes me! I love finding things to decorate with and love to find creative ways to do things without having to spend a lot of money.

I found this comforter set online that I really like and thought may be perfect for our room:

It's a little more green than I wanted, but I really like it. BUT THEN.... I read the reviews on it, and person after person said that once they got it, the colors didn't look anything like this picture. The brown was a washed out brown that almost looked gray, and the waves were very dull. I was very disappointed. So the search goes on. One thing about this picture that drives me nuts is how uncentered that rug is!

Someone actually created a blog that is dedicated to the chocolate/aqua color scheme. It had a few bedding sets, but none that jumped out at me. After Rob is off of work tonight, we are going to go look at a few places around Lynchburg to see if we can find anything we like. I love shopping for things to decorate with. We'll see what happens. :)

No comments: