Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Blog

The other day I got the idea to start a blog that is for my journey through grad school into my counseling career. I chose to use wordpress instead of blogger because wordpress seems to be a little more sophisticated than blogger. Here is my new blog site: http://justadustspeck.wordpress.com

I chose to name it "Just a Dust Speck" because one of my counseling professors always talks about how by ourselves, we are nothing, just a dust speck in this humongus world who can't do anything on our own, but by God's grace and His full control, we can be used as His tool to change people's life. When I first began thinking about going into counseling, I kind of got caught up in how I could help people and change their lives.... but then God just smacked me in the face and made me realize that I am nothing, and that the only way that I'm going to be able to help anyone is by fully relying on Him for wisdom and understanding. That's why I liked the image of a dust speck. It puts things into perspective and keeps me from thinking that I am the one who is doing something... because I'm not.

No comments: