Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Winter Is Upon Us...

One thing I love about living in Virginia is the mild winters. I guess compared to Warroad, MN, any winter is mild. But last year was the first year I was here all winter, and I only needed a jacket. This year so far is not looking so hopeful. It's November 19, and it's cold out. It's below 30 already. This morning after taking Rob to work, I came back home and am now working on homework (I'm taking a break to blog). But I am sitting on the couch with my huge mink blanket on, in long sleeves, thick socks, and sweatpants, and I'm freezing! I don't like turning the heat on because where the heat vent is located, the air comes out warm, but by the time it gets to me on the couch, it feels like cold air and it makes me even colder and dries my eyes out. I don't want a breeze in the house right now.

This type of weather makes me wish more than ever that I lived in a cozy little modern house with a puppy and a fireplace and no homework. I would love to curl up in front of the fire on my poof with my amazing husband and puppy and some raspberry hot chocolate with marshmallows and watch a funny movie! And I don't want a little ratlike puppy that is crazy and hyper and runs all over. I want a cute, sweet, fluffy puppy that loves to snuggle like I do. Aw, that all sounds so great. Maybe one day! For now, I guess it's back to reality: homework while under my big blanket with no fire, puppy, or husband (since he's at work), but I think I'm going to go make some raspberry hot chocolate! Here comes winter.

No comments: