Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Break!

So, I am one test (not cumulative) and one project away from Christmas break! One whole month with no classes and NO HOMEWORK! It's going to be great! I have made for myself quite the list of things to do during Christmas break. I know I'll most likely not do it all, but hopefully I can get a lot of it done.

This year we're not going to Warroad for Christmas, but going to Kansas City. I'm glad. Although I miss the adrenaline rushes of the long 26-28 hour drives I took before getting married to Rob (who thinks 5 hours is a long drive), I don't miss the flying and then driving home forever from the airport. Plus, it seems that whenever I go back to Warroad, everything is still exactly the same, and it's never as exciting as I expect it to be. I feel like I've changed so much since leaving there, but that noone else has. It's fun to be home and see my old friends though, but this year family gets priority over friends.

I love Kansas City!! We're going to go to the famous PLAZA! Love it there! Then get some legendary Gates BBQ! So good! See lots of family that I haven't seen since our wedding, or before. At my grandma's house, we play this card game called Nertz for hours on end! My family is all very competitive (other than my mom) so it's a ton of fun to play together. Especially since I usually win, although noone else would admit that, but it's true. haha.

Next semester I'm starting grad school! Crazy! I'm really excited! I'm ready to get down to business and be done with all these general education class I've taken this semester. I'm ready to learn how to be a counselor! I want to help people and make them happy. I want to be a listening ear for those who have noone to listen. I want to help teenagers realize that the world's standards are impossible to meet but that they can do amazing things with their lives and live a life for Christ that will be more fulfilling than anything the world offers them. I want to help people through the grieving process when life seems to have no purpose anymore. I just want to follow Christ's command to not judge people when but to love them how He loves them! I'm ready to get out there.

Next semester, Rob is also finishing grad school. He's getting three Masters! He's amazing! He's thinking about going on to get his doctorate degree while I'm working on my M.A. "Dr. Jarman." That would be pretty cool! We'll see what happens! For now, we'll just take it one day at a time! Gotta finish this weeks work and get to Christmas break before thinking about what we'll be doing next year! We can't wait for Christmas break!

No comments: