Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Everyday Irony

It's not even 11:30 am yet and irony has already taken place. Last night I had a dream that I don't really remember but my friends house was in it, and I woke up thinking about my friend and realized I haven't talked to her for a while so I made a mental note to myself that I should send her a quick message on facebook sometime this morning. Before I got the chance, I logged on to facebook and she had sent me a message. It was crazy!

Then, just a few minutes ago, I was getting ready to read for my Literature class and I was recalling a conversation that I had with a friend over the weekend about how being off campus is weird at first but then you find it nice because it is quiet and you are able to get a lot more work done. So I kind of agreed with our conversation in my mind again and was thinking how nice and quiet it was and how it was raining outside and was a good day to get some hardcore Literature reading done. So right when I sat down to read I heard something, and yes, it was my neighbors above me, playing Christmas music loudly. Now, I understand how Christmas music is good music for the most part, but not anytime before Thanksgiving should it be played! Not only could I hear the music, but I could hear someone singing along to it too...just perfect for reading already boring Literature that takes all my concentration in order to understand and remember what I'm reading for the test. Thankfully since starting this post the music and the singing along has stopped. I think that this is going to be an interesting day.

No comments: