Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Time to Fly

I feel like I have been surrounded by books and my laptop for far too long. I'm in the mood to do something different; something crazy. I'm getting bored of the same routines and school work. I love school, but I've finished all my Youth and Psyc classes, so now it's hard to get excited about a 200 level Literature or Computer class in the same way that I am passioned for a Youth class. I think I want to go skydiving or something. I've always wanted to do that. I wish it weren't so dang expensive. I need some type of adrenaline rush that blows my mind. I think its always good to get a good mind blowing every now and then, in one way or another.

I'm looking forward to next semester - starting my counseling degree. I've heard that the LU counseling program is pretty intense. I hope it is. I still haven't decided what degree to do. I've narrowed it down to 2. Still gotta go talk to Dr. Barker. He's an awesome professor, and just a real personable guy. I love it when professors genuinely care about their students and want to get to know them. That's one of the first things I noticed when I came to Liberty. Sadly, because the almighty dollar is once again a greater motivator then excellence, classes are getting grouped together in larger classrooms causing it to be impossible to get the interaction and personality of a small class where friends and relationships are made between students and professor and among the students with each other. Ironically, money doesn't always pay.

Well...I just got my new books for this semester. Time to start classes. I have an assignment to complete today, so I'm glad my books finally got here.

No comments: