Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sad

Summer is over. Sad. It went by too fast! Classes start tomorrow, but my summer class also ends tomorrow... big break huh? I still haven't found a job other than my work study job at Jubilee downtown. I have all morning open and need to find a job to get some more money for bills and stuff. I got hired for a job with the Youth Office, which would have been awesome, but I can't have two student jobs in different departments, so I couldn't do it. Now I'm just praying that something else will come up. I know that God has a perfect job for me... all in His timing!

We've been going to this new church that we just found out about, Blue Ridge and we really really like it! We wish we would have found out about it over a year ago! The past few weeks we've gone was a series through Galatians and it was put in a way that I've never heard it before. It was really good and I got a lot out of it! Like I said, we're sad that we are just now learning about this great church. No church is perfect, but from what we've seen so far, it appears to have a really good balance which is something that we are looking for in a church.

The best thing about this summer was me not having to get off work at 6 when Rob gets off at 4:30. I felt like we spent so much more time together because we had an extra hour and a half at night to be together. Since the public schools don't start until next week, this will be our last week of early nights. Getting home around 6:30 each night, then making dinner, then by the time we've worked on homework, it's time to get back to bed again, and the whole night just passes by so fast. I'm hoping to be more disciplined this year since I don't have such a heavy load like last year (esp. last semester) and can get most of my work done during the daytimes when I'm not working. Then we'll have more time to be together. I like that plan!

God is awesome. I was looking for a Bible passage that I could study that I could really apply to my life right now, and last night I kinda just stumbled onto the book of Titus ("stumbled" meaning led by the Spirit). It's 3 chapters that are perfect for some things that are going on in my life, and I'm excited to see what God has to teach me as I take this book slowly and go through it deeply.

Ok, well I have some things to get done before bed. Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day. Bye for now.

Bekah

No comments: