Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Resourcefulness!

I admit that I am not the most resourceful person out there, but I do what I can. Thanks to Pinterest, one of my favorite websites to browse, I found a fun way to make your house smell great!

Oranges were on sale at the grocery store, so I bought an 8 pound bag, because oranges and clementines are some of Rob and I's favorite snacks to eat in the evenings. Unfortunately, when I got the oranges home, I discovered that the oranges were pretty old and that almost all of them were hard and not tasty. I was pretty bummed, and was going to throw the whole bag of oranges in the trash. Then, I remembered a post that I saw on Pinterest, and decided to try it out, so that I could at least use the rinds of the oranges.

I put a bunch of the rinds in a pot of water, along with some cinnamon and a very small amount of freshly ground nutmeg. I brought it to a light boil, and let it simmer for quite a while.


It made my apartment smell so good and fresh! I love the smell of fresh oranges! I had so many oranges that I saved some rind for another time. (I'm sure Rob wondered why I had a tupperware container full of orange rinds).


This is the first thing that I've done from Pinterest....and hopefully there will be many more Pinterest-inspired projects to post on here!

No comments: