Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday = Funday

So, day 1 of our challenge went well.  We came home and made lunch together, which is always fun.  Then tonight we went to a concert, then got home somewhat late.  I know that normally we most likely would have grabbed something fast on the way home, since it was late, but we came home and made a quick dinner together out of leftovers from a couple of nights ago.  So, it went well! 

We went to see Jimmy Needham at the new Muse Eight-Thirty coffee house/club in downtown Lynchburg.  It was such a great concert! I really enjoy soulful music...I didn't used to, but in the last few years, I've really begun to love it! Not everything needs to be hard and fast.  I love when artists are real and genuine on the stage...and don't have an arrogant attitude that everyone is there to see them.  A number of times, he spoke about how his main purpose is to spread the gospel and exalt Christ higher through his life and work...and talked about working towards having the attitude of John the Baptist, that we should completely desire for Christ to increase, we must decrease.  That is such a foreign concept in today's narcissistic, self-focused, self-worshiping culture.  It was really a message I needed to hear.  It was a great evening....and I saw a couple friends that I haven't seen in a while, so that's always fun!

No comments: