Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big Black Spot

Ok, so I love my husband dearly! ?He is amazing. But one thing that is very different between us is his desire to change things in the apartment ALL the time. For the past couple weeks he's been talking about moving the office around but I would always kinda just avoid the subject, so it never really got decided. Finally last week he told me he was moving the office around, so after I told him that I think it is fine where it is, but he can move it if he wants to, he moved it all around. Then he started talking about moving the living room around. Our living room consists of our TV on the TV stand, a couch, the poof which is huge, and 2 end tables. Not much... I told him that I think how we have it now allows for the amount of space we have to be used in a good way and that it makes the room look as big as it can. But he persisted in wanting to move the living room around, so finally this past Saturday night (around midnight) he did.

Well, when he moved the TV, there was this huge dark black spot on the wall behind where the TV has sat since we moved in. I don't know what it is, but it was not good. I figured a little 409 spray would take it off no problem. Not exactly. It took off the top layer, but a big black spot on a white wall does not go away easily. I took every cleaner I had in the house to the spot, but nothing worked, not even straight bleach. It looks better than it did, but now since I've scrubbed and scrubbed, the spot is now a 18 inch gray circle where my circular motions from scrubbing are very obvious.

It drives me crazy. When I walk in the door, its the first thing I see. When I'm sitting on the couch doing homework, I can't concentrate cuz the ugly spot is staring at me from across the room. It's horrible. So, today I got some magic erasers but was warned that it might take off the paint along with the spot (just great). So I used the eraser on a small area in the middle of the spot and it took the spot off, but now I'm waiting for it to dry and check if the paint is ok. Please let the paint be ok. I don't have time to paint the room right now, cuz you know that if you paint one wall the others will look dingy so you have to paint them all.

So last night, not even a week after moving the office around already, my amazing husband decides he wants to move it around again....so I gave up trying to make him forget about the idea and told him he can do what he wants. As long as I can get this stupid spot off the wall in the living room, I'll be ok.

I have to go check out my testing area...

No comments: