Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February - Month of Love

Wow, January flew by, as did Christmas break. My Christmas break was actually cut short due to an intensive that I took the week before actual semester classes began. My relationship with intensives is one of love/hate. I love getting a class knocked out in 1 week, and I love how close I get with other intensive students in just a week, but I also hate the insane amount of pre-work and post-work that comes with the intensive. I also hate that most of the people I get close with are online students and live outside of Lynchburg, so once the week is over, they go home, and the closeness we have gained goes with them. But, all in all, it was a good intensive, in 2 weeks I'll be done with all the post-work, which will make it even better!

I've done a lot of Girl Scout stuff in January. Last week I had the girls become architects and we had a "Challenge" (like the ones on food network that I deeply love) where all they could use was marshmallows and toothpicks. The girls got so into it and had a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera, so no pics were taken. I'm doing the same activity with another group I lead this next week, so I'll try to take pics with them.

Speaking of camera's, Rob and I have taken on yet another hobby together: photography. It's something we have been talking about doing since we were dating, we just never had the money to buy a nice camera. With Christmas money and money I was blessed with from an outside medium apart from my regular work, we had just enough money to buy the camera we've been looking at for the past couple years, and she's a beauty! We are now taking a weekly photography class and are looking into other workshops and events to learn how take quality photos. There are endless possibilities with newer SLR Digital cameras.

We still love decorating cakes together and are going to take a more advanced decorating class in March to continue developing our skills. With school and work, we don't get a lot of time to decorate for fun, but hopefully we'll get a handful of chances as time goes along. I'm taking a couple of candy/chocolate classes this month and next month to learn about making chocolate sculptures. It will be fun to incorporate chocolate with cake. Everyone loves chocolate.

Well, that's a quick update on us for now. The first month of 2010 has been a busy one, but a great one. God has taught me so much lately and I can't wait to see what the remainder 11 months of 2010 has in store.

No comments: